Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Lancer Project: Finished!

Note: Click on the pictures to see better images.

After hours and hours of hard work - I believe my Lancer is ready to hit the road once again!

 
 

Here's a quick look at some of the problems I had to deal with. I also had to work on the interiors, center console, the trunk, etc. etc. etc. Whew! :)


Here's how she looks like right now - no more nasty scratches on the bumper. As you can see it is securely in place - the DIY clip repair worked!


The rear passenger door looks neat - the peeled paint is now a thing of the past.

 

Although there's still a little bump in the corner - the roof gutter looks a lot better.

 
 

Everything looks spick and span from where I'm standing.

 

Buffed up the side mirrors as well - it looks brandnew right? :) The muffler also had a bit of TLC.

 
 

Oddly enough - my wife and my lancer's share the same name - I named the car before I met my wife and she's been asking me to change the car's name for years!


Now that my lancer has a new lease in life (and I just got married to my wife) - I think its time to finally give in to my wife's request.


After many sleepless nights (hehe) - I've finally decided to name her "Michie" (short for mitsIbishi hehe).


Now, I feel that both the wife and the car are happy! :) Yey!


As I've mentioned in my earlier post - I tried to keep the costs on this project down (under 1,500 pesos) . Let's see how I did:


Wohoo! Since I had some of the materials on hand (the rubbing compound, some leftover paint/thinner, etc) - I was able to finish this project way below budget! It feels great to save money! :)


Well, projects like this never really end. As early as now - I'm already thinking about replacing Michie's horns, detailing her engine, DIY Oil change etc. Stay tuned for more DIY projects in the future! :)

YES! YOU CAN BREATHE NEW LIFE TO A TIRED OLD LANCER! :)

Thanks! :)

1 comment: