Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2012

How to Download Your Friend's Album in Facebook

Weird as it may sound, I've never really been into Facebook until just recently and I've just realized what I've been missing all this time.:) While going through some of my friends' albums - I saw tons of pictures that brought back fun memories and I just had to have copies! Copying a single photo in FB is easy - just right click on the image and you're done. But copying an album with 200 pictures could become quite a task without the right apps.


Fortunately, there are numerous ways to grab entire albums on Facebook. There are websites that can do it for you online like Picknzip and Facebook2zip.


I've tried using Picknzip but just can't seem to make it work. I've used it in Mozilla, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome but it just kept on hanging up on me. I've even tried to leave the website and PC working for an hour thinking that the site did not hang but was just working in the background - unfortunately, I was wrong :)


Facebook2zip works fine - what it does is create a zip file containing the album you're downloading. It is fast and you get the album in just a couple of minutes. I just noticed that the image quality is reduced/lesser than what's on Facebook. I've searched their website for a way to make the image quality the same as what's on Facebook but found none so I gave up and moved on to checking out desktop applications that could download albums.,

I came across several programs but most of them are either outdated (can't seem to detect FB albums/profiles) or too difficult to use. One program that I particularly liked is Fotobounce. It is a freeware app so you don't need to pay anything and it does the job perfectly. The application has other features but I only use it to download FB albums (I'll try to figure out its other features soon)  Here's a quick step by step guide on how to use it to download FB albums:

1. Log-in your FB account through the application.


2. Click on "Friends" to load your friends list.


3. After selecting the friend who has the album you want to download, click the album tab, select the album, and click download.


4. A window will pop up showing the download progress.


5. After its done -  the album will be saved in your pictures folder! It's that easy! :)



Hope this helps! :)

Yes! You Can download your friends' albums easily! :)

NOTE: This method works as of November 15, 2012 - I'll update everyone in case it gets outdated too or if I have problems using it in the future :)

You can grab a free copy of Fotobounce at http://fotobounce.com/download/.

3 comments:

  1. I was searching the net for this one last week, then I gave up. This is useful. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Azer, It's nice to know that this post helped you. Appreciate you letting me know about it :) You could like my facebook page to know what I'm up to next! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow ,amazing tips from you.i appreciate this too much
    Mozilla Firefox Technical Support

    ReplyDelete