Pages

Monday, December 5, 2011

VWCP Carshow 2011

No DIY project for me this weekend as it was a busy one. Attended a wedding last saturday and then went to the much awaited VWCP 2011 carshow. This is the first time I'm going to attend a carshow dedicated for VW's and didn't know what to expect. But boy was I excited - my eyes usually light up when I see a VW in a parking lot or on the streets so imagine how I would react if I see several dozens of VW in one location.

Woke up and found out that it was raining the whole morning - it would have been nice if the weather had been sunny but this was not enough to stop me from going. I unfortunately had to leave Voxy at home due to several reasons (one of which was I am not yet done with her "restoration"). So I dragged my mom, girlfriend and sister out of the hotel and went to Fort Bonifacio. We had to stop to buy some umbrellas and it was a good thing that we did because the rain did not ease up.

It was shocking to see so many VWS when we entered the naval grounds - most of them were in good condition. The cars who competed in the show were on a league of their own. They were fully restored and were in prestine condition!

Here are some pictures of the event

The first car I saw was a green KG being judged.



A nice blue cabriolet - this would have been dashing with the top down - rain rain go away!


You don't see this often in the Philippines..

Nice shoes

Other show entries

VW's look good at any angle - a shot showing their behinds

 I hope that Voxy will look this nice one day..
First time I saw an oval in person :)


VW's not competing in the show but still caught people's attention


Voxy's long lost cousins - Voxy will be you in the next show! :)

The Barbie volks is a beauty - how sad she's for sale  :(

VW's everywhere! I was like a kid in a toy store - didn't know which one to look at first.
Super low bug..



The sheriff didn't miss the show

And what VW event will not be complete without the parts for sale and for swap.


VW shows are where you can buy hard to find parts and accessories for your bug.


DOHC engine mitsubishi in a volkwagen - proof that we are only limited by own imagination.. and how deep are pockets are :)

The VW show was a huge success - the rain didn't bother everyone that much. I met new friends, saw great cars and brought home a lot of great memories! :) Thanks VWCP - looking forward to next year's show!

PS. I offer my deepest condolences to the family of Sir Dennis Reyes, who died the morning before the show. He's one of the pillars of the Philippine VW scene and has been a good friend to all VW lovers. I unfortunately did not have the chance of meeting him in person but got to know him though his blog (http://manilaghia.i.ph/blogs/herbieinmanila/2011/11/ and http://volkspinoy.i.ph/blogs/volkspinoy/) and posts in VWCP. May he rest in peace.




No comments:

Post a Comment