Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Assembling Max!

Time to put Max back together! 


Since Max’s front end is something that needs to go under the tires to fit in, a jack is like a second pair of hands! 


I needed to lift Max just enough so that the front end could pass under the tires.


TIP: I placed the jack near the center stands since it’s the metal part nearest to the front end – most of the underside is covered by plastic hence placing the jack there would be futile. Make sure that your placing the jack in something stable and strong!


Remember Max’s signal lights from my earlier post? I can’t seem to make it as clear as it was when I first got Max so I decided to paint it amber instead. 








I had some left over Yamaha Orange Paint and it did wonders – it gave the front end a new look :)

 Black and orange looks nice :)


Time to put the front end in place! Looking at this is enough to keep me going. This will be assembled in no time!


Parking max under the sun has taken its toll on the gauge panel.


I sanded it down with 1000 grit sandpaper then buffed it with some rubbing compound.


Clear enough for me :)

Will post pictures of the new and rejuvenated Max next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment