Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2012

The Lancer Project - a debt long overdue

After doing major restoration works on Voxy and Max - she just has to be next - after all she is my first and most roadworthy car. :) She runs like a gem but looks tired and worn out :( It's time to stop ignoring her flaws and get my hands dirty once again :) I've promised her numerous times that I'll fix her up as long as she doesn't give me headaches. Time to honor my end of the bargain.

Let me show you some of the major problems i'll be dealing with.

1. Broken bumper clips and mountings - having a semi lowered ride definitely has its cons - got to be more mindful of those humps and potholes.

 


2. Nicks and scratches on the bumper - who did this?!?


3. cracked fiberglass skirts - I refuse to let go of these - one day i'll go back to all stock (with mudguards and all) but not today - got to fix these!


4. Peeled paint - I used to touch this up with rattle can paint just to hide it - but now that it has worsened - time to deal with this once and for all. 


5. Wrath of nature - brought to us by one of the stronger typhoons - neighbor's roof + strong winds + parked car = nightmare! Good thing the damage was not that bad.


In the following days/weeks - I'll share how I was able to deal with all of these (and more) while I was under a strict budget (Restoring a volkswagen and planning a wedding can somewhat be expensive -  burned a hole right through my pockets hehe).

Stay tuned! :)

P.S. Any suggestions for a cool name for her? :) Wife's nickname and the car's name is the same - need to change it now that we're married.

No comments:

Post a Comment