Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2012

My VW Wedding

Hi Guys! The past months have been so jam packed for me that I was not able to blog. I recently got married (you heard it right! - I finally settled down.. yey! ) and the preparations, ceremony, honeymoon, married life was quite an experience!  


Being a VW enthusiast -  Voxy just had to be a part of our wedding - from the invitations and decorations - she was there (I'll share them with you soon).  The plan was all set -since Voxy is too small to be our bridal car (and I'm not comfortable letting someone else drive her) - I decided to make her the groom's car instead. Her mission was to take me to the hotel the day before the wedding and then be my ride to the church on the day itself! I made sure Voxy was prepared for the monumental task ahead of her .I gave her a  full tune up and a detailing job (DIY of course) ahead of time.  Everything was going according to plan and it felt great!


The lancer and VW convoy to the hotel - the day before!


Voxy going toe to toe in the expressway!


Arrived safely at the hotel! No problems whatsoever!After unloading my luggage, the hotel attendant told us that only valet parking slots were available. Since I was not sure if they could drive Voxy properly  (not sure if they know how to put VWs in reverse)  - I asked the valet attendant to ride shotgun so that I could park Voxy myself.

The next day - the attendants insisted that they could drive Voxy and  assured me that she'll be at the hotel's main entrance waiting for me.  I gave them Voxy's keys and waited in the lobby. After a few minutes - my bestman asked me if I had brought Voxy's spare key. When I asked him why - he told me that the attendants broke the key while they were trying to open the door. Before I could ask  if he was joking, he showed me Voxy's key broken in half!  WTF!  With the spare keys at home - there goes my plan :(

It's a good thing I had a backup plan - drive the lancer! :) In my rage, I floored the car and in minutes we were in SLEX cruising at illegal speeds :( . The photographer assigned to me didn't have the chance to take pictures (I guess he was hanging on to dear life :)). The drive to the church and the small talks with the photographer calmed my nerves. But I still insisted on making Voxy a part of this big day. I asked my sister to get my spare keys at home at then ask their driver to get Voxy. Unfortunately, Voxy would not budge and refused to be opened (I think  everyone was afraid that they might break the spare key as well).  So the driver had to return to the church without her :(

Not giving up - I asked my very supportive wife (of barely an hour) - if we could drop by the hotel and take a couple of shots with voxy before going to the reception. She agreed! Wohoo! The attendants were quite puzzled at how I was able to open Voxy's doors quite easily when they've been struggling to do so for hours! :)




At the end of the day - instead of being just the groom's car - Voxy served as the second bridal car! We drove her from the hotel to the reception!


Reception's over and headed back to the hotel! As it turns out - Voxy wanted a bigger role in the wedding! :)


Voxy bringing the newly weds home - jam packed with stuff!


Lessons learned:

1. Everything happens for a reason  - though Voxy may not have been the groom's car - she was the honorary bridal car!

2. It won't be easy stealing Voxy :)

Now that everything's back to normal - I'm looking forward to writing about my DIY projects again! :)

Yes! You Can Have A Great Wedding! :)

4 comments:

  1. Congrats Sir!
    Eagerly waiting for the next blog posts. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks bluexi! :)will try to write as soon as I can :) appreciate the comment! :)

    ReplyDelete