Pages

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Lancer: Unwrapping

After the paint has dried, time to remove all the newspaper and tape! It's just like Christmas and you're unwrapping the gifts you've just received from Santa :)



Color is a close match! Thanks to some skilled paint mixers TIP: When buying paint for your base coat - you could remove your gas tank cover and show it to the paint center as sample - you'd be amazed at how they mix paint. It would be better though if you could bring the car along with you.


Here's another view of the fenders (newly painted) and the front passenger door (OEM paint)


Be very careful when removing the tape as sometimes it refuses to part with car resulting to jagged edges and torn paint. I use a cutter to outline the edges - this ensures that I have clean lines.


As you can see up close - the paint is not as shiny as it can be. Hopefully it will sparkle and gleem once buffed. I'm not keeping my hopes up though as I skimped out on paint remember? :) I'd just have to wait until the paint has dried completely.


After I put the bumper back on - I can start cleaning up the interiors!

DIY interior detailing on my next post! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment