Pages

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Lancer Project: Beaks Tie Bar Installation

Look at what Santa brought in! Actually, Santa in this case is my good friend Push - he is our group's resident mechanic and like me - he loves DIY projects (I'll share some of his projects soon) . He sells class A (copy) Beaks Tie bars and unlike the flimsy knock offs you often see - the ones he has are actually pretty sturdy. Most of our group members (Team Autoridad - alright here we go!) bought one for their rides years ago and they still look and function as good as the day they were installed.

I've actually been meaning to get one myself for quite some time but the cheapskate in me often prevails. Push, with all the generosity/kindness in his heart and being the best(drinking) buddies that we are,  gave me a very good bargain (he often sells these for Php 1500). Wohoo! He even volunteered to install it on my Lancer. What a deal! :)

Meet Push - all set to install my brand spanking new tie bar! TIP: According to wikipedia - tie bars increase chassis rigidity by bracing the left and right lower-control-arm. It improves the handling and steering response of the vehicle much like a strut bar and may provide additional benefits in FWD vehicles by reducing wheel hop and torque steer. Now to top it all off - it just looks so good (and mean)! :)


It is fairly easy to install this on a lancer - just insert/attach the tie bar's brackets underneath these two nuts here. The tools needed are fairly basic too - just some heavy duty wrenches. The case is different for Honda's though as their rear end is different - Push prefers to have professionals (with car lifters) install them.


Installing this tie bar on my car is a walk in the park for him though- he must have installed dozens of these.


Always remember to tighten these nuts securely in place as this holds most of your car's rear suspension.


You might already be wondering where I am while he's busy installing this - well I'm doing a fairly important task..


I'm the one holding the lamp! Without me, he wouldn't be able to see what he's doing right?

 

After less than an hour - tie bar installed! :) That's form and function right there! Yeah boy! :) Now if I can only get one designed for Voxy as well - I'll be one happy camper :)

P.S. To learn more about our group - visit our page at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-Autoridad/113219902032170

P.P.S. If you'd like to get a tie bar from Push - kindly send me a message.. I'll hook you up hehe :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi have a question for this installation you don't need to lift the car?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, no need to lift up the car if you're installing this on a lancer CB model.

    ReplyDelete